Alpine skiing pleasure that leaves no wishes unfulfilled – in Carinthia, winter guests have a vast choice among the most beautiful alpine regions: between Heiligenblut and Nassfeld, between Bad Kleinkirchheim and the Möll Valley Glacier. In total there are 850 kilometres of alpine pistes.
Nassfeld – Ski where the sun is shining
One of Austria’s top 10 ski resorts, is sure to impress with its size, variety of pistes and breathtaking mountain scenery.
Snap on your skis all year round at Mölltaler Gletscher, Carinthia’s only glacier ski resort. Take a light and easy glide over the many perfectly prepared pistes. A children’s rate is available for kids and teens aged 6 to 18. Children under 6 ski for free.
Extensive skiing area with nearly endless, beautiful, wide pistes and scenery. Go from the pistes to the thermal baths in Römerbad or St. Kathrein with our numerous lift & thermal bath combo offers!
Family skiing holidays in the Katschberg region – Children's laughter guaranteed. The Katschberg-Rennweg region is on the way to becoming the #1 family skiing holiday destination.
At the foot of Austria's highest mountain, Großglockner offers a fantastic panoramic view of more than 40 3,000-metre peaks in the Hohe Tauern National Park. Along with its varied and snowy pistes, this impressive ski resort nestled among the 3,000-metre peaks offers “magical moments” – guided tours to places you would never be able to reach alone!
Gerlitzen Alpe – located in the heart of Carinthia with stunning panoramic views of Italy, Slovenia and over half of Carinthia!
- 12.8 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 7 lifts: 2 gondola lifts, 5 ski lifts
- 25-km cross-country ski trail (classic and carving)
- Special rates for children up to 18! Family discount with SkiHit: 2 parents + 2 children (6-18 years) pay full price, each additional child (6-18 years) goes free!
Nestled in the Nockberge region, Turracher Höhe offers a varied and snowy winter paradise at altitudes of up to 2,205 metres from November to early May.
The Goldeck offers panoramic views over the whole of Carinthia. Offers both an advanced ski area and family fun in the new children’s area! Great free-ride area and vast ski touring areas. The warmth of the first Carinthian bathhouse in Millstatt beckons after a long day of skiing.
Family holidays in Lieser-Maltatal region (Familiental).
Innerkrems is one of the snowiest ski resorts in Carinthia, featuring altitudes between 1,550 and 2,200 metres and located in Familiental, or “Family Valley” – a holiday region where FAMILY comes first! Perfect winter holidays to suit every taste and every wallet.
- 16.9 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 9 lifts: 3-seater chairlifts, 6 ski lifts and 2 practise lifts
- 10-km-long cross-country skiing and skating trail – easy
- Free ski kindergarten, mountain station, 8.4 km natural snow toboggan run, children's area at the base station, free guided snowshoe and winter hiking
Heidi-Alm Skipark – Falkert
- 12 km of pistes easy, medium and difficult
- 5 lifts: 4 ski lifts, 1 cable lift, 3 conveyor belts
- 8.5 km of cross-country ski trails (skating and classic)
- Night skiing, insider tips for free-riders, kids’ snow park, great children's area, first Carinthian ski touring nature trail, lit toboggan run, great winter sports programme for mountain resort guests
- 28 km of pistes: easy, medium and difficult
- 6 lifts: 2 chairlifts, 1 2-seater chairlift, 1 4-seater chairlift
- Children's centre with baby lift and piste with overhead lighting
- 24 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 6 lifts: 4-seater chairlift, 4 ski lifts, one practise lift
- guided ski hiking tours
- 15 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 6 lifts: 6 ski lifts, 1 practise lift
- 15-km cross-country ski trail (double track)
- Toboggan run
- 6 km of pistes* easy to medium
- 5 lifts: 4-seater chairlift, 3 ski lifts and 1 button lift
- 53 km of cross-country ski trails, easy to difficult
- Ice skating on Weissensee, toboggan run 4 km
Pleasure in the snow on the Petzen.
The Petzen, Carinthia's family mountain, promises an unforgettable winter experience for the whole family with its modern snow-making facilities and perfectly groomed pistes of all difficulty levels.
Rosental ski resort Bodental
- 1 km of pistes* easy to medium
- 3 lifts: 1 ski lift, 1 button lift, free baby lift and magic carpet
- 10 km of cross-country ski trails, easy to medium
- guided snowshoe hikes, horse-drawn carriage rides
- 10 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 4 lifts: 4 ski lifts, 1 of which is a practise lift
- 2 km of panoramic ski trails along the mountain and 16 km of cross-country ski trails (skating and classic) along the valley
- Curling rink, holiday observatory, generous sauna spaces, guided snowshoe hikes
- 13 km of pistes easy, medium and difficult
- 4 lifts: 1 chairlift, 2 ski lifts and 1 rope lift
- 15 km of cross-country ski trails, 90% of which are in the sun
- Ski school for skiers, carvers, snowboarders
- 8 km of winter hiking trails
- 4 km of pistes* easy to medium
- 5 lifts: 2 ski lifts, 1 button lift, 1 practise lift, magic carpet
- 35 km of cross-country ski trails, easy to difficult (skating and classic)
- 3-km illuminated toboggan run, torch-lit hikes, ice skating rink in St. Lorenzen/G., ski school and ski hire on site
- 17.5 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 7 lifts: 4-seater chairlift, 5 ski lifts and 1 connecting lift
- 12-km of cross-country ski trails, panorama high-altitude trail, Anderle trail
- Snow & fun park, sleigh rides
- 5 km of pistes* easy to medium
- 4 lifts: 1 double chairlift, 1 ski lift, 1 baby lift and 1 practise lift
- 30 km of cross-country ski trails, easy to difficult
- lit toboggan run, ice climbing, guided snowshoe hikes
- 13 km of pistes* easy, medium and difficult
- 8 lifts: 7 ski lifts and 1 baby lift
- 5 km of cross-country ski runs
- Senior Tuesdays (15% reduction on day passes), Kids Saturdays
- Twilight toboggan rides with free snowmobile service